- The school day begins promptly at 8:25 a.m.
- Any student arriving after 8:25 a.m. must sign in the late log at the security desk and will be marked tardy in the DOE attendance system.
- There are no exceptions to this policy.
PS/IS 217 takes attendance and punctuality seriously. Being on time is a behavior of College and Career readiness. If your child is late to school, it impacts his/her own learning and the entire classroom.
* Please note that it is the school’s right to contact ACS regarding repeated tardiness (more than 3 times). This can be interpreted as educational neglect.
Doors open just prior to 8:25 a.m. to ensure students enter classrooms promptly at 8:25 a.m.
- Pre-K to Grade 3 students enter through the main doors, which opens at 8:22 a.m.
- Grades 4-8 students enter through the side entrance/exit, which opens at 8:20 a.m. Once the door is closed, Grade 4-8 students must enter through the main doors.
- Students need to go directly to their classroom.
Please partner with us! Parents/Guardians are not permitted to escort students to their classroom after the first week of school.