Vision / Mission Statement
At PS/IS 217, we foster a safe, nurturing community that supports the success of all students. We focus on the individual learner through standards-based curricula and enrichment in the arts, sciences, and other areas. By developing students’ individual growth mindset, essential skills and habits, we inspire them to become well-rounded citizens who think critically, act responsibly, and embrace differences.
Our mission is to
- Provide students with meaningful opportunities and experiences that strengthen their academic and social emotional capacity
- Immerse students in computer science and the arts- visual, music, dance and theater
- Engage students through multiple entry points, high levels of thinking/participation and actionable feedback
- Collaborate through small group work, student independence and student led partnerships
- Inspire a community that respects differences, embraces diversity and fosters unity