In case of student absence, do not call the school. Please email email@example.com AND your classroom teacher prior to 10:00 am on the day of your child’s absence.
On the day your child returns to school you must provide, in writing, a note from your healthcare provider or yourself. All student absences are officially recorded as absent, regardless of whether there is medical documentation.
- If your child has been ill with a fever, he/she must be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school. The 24 hour rule applies to all contagious illnesses and viruses.
- Please do not send your sick child to school to “see how they do,” as this affects the entire school community.
Extended Planned Absences
- If you are planning a family vacation during the school year, please consider the impact absence will have on your child’s education.
- If you plan a vacation, you must notify the principal, Ms. Beckman, in writing via the Absence Acknowledgement Form (available in the Main Office).
- Students who are on vacation for more than 10 school days will be discharged from school. A parent/guardian must be present to re-admit the student when he/she returns to school. Students are not guaranteed to be re-enrolled in the same classroom upon return from a vacation.